Konica Minolta issued a request for pricing (RFP) in August 2015 for the UK distribution to their 100+ dealers located throughout the United Kingdom.
This RFP was designed to establish the right Partner to work alongside Konica Minolta to deliver a world class service to their customers. Konica Minolta’s reputation in the market place can be greatly affected by the service levels provided and they pride themselves on the service delivery to their customers and this was an important consideration in their evaluation process, alongside cost. We receive between 1-8 trailers per day from Europe made up of pallets containing multifunction devices, printers and their ancillaries and distribute on a 24 or 48hr basis across the UK. Goods are received into Simarco’s warehouse between 12-6pm daily and we guarantee next day delivery throughout the UK.
The following SLA’s and reports form part of the three year agreement we have obtained with the customer.
- Delivery within agreed time frames (24hr, 48hr, timed) – 99% average across UK
- Number of failures for any postcode area no more than 2 in any month
- All pallets to be delivered with no damage to the stock – 99.5% average across UK
- Operational requests and questions to be answered and resolved within 2hrs – 99.5%
- Issues requiring investigation to be acknowledged within 2hrs and resolved within 24hrs. – 99.5%
- Scanned hard copy POD to be available 24hours after the delivery has been made – 100%
- Daily status report showing for example, successful deliveries, reasons for failed deliveries
- Monthly KPI to be provided by 5th working day of following month showing SLA performance and volumes of movements completed.
We receive and deliver more than 19,000 pallets per annum, an average of 75 per day, all these pallets are handled through our Witham warehouse where an experienced Account Manager is fully responsible for the operational handling of this account. This is backed up by our proactive Customer Service team who track all the shipments and ensure that POD’s are received in time in line with the SLA.
“Simarco were selected as part of a procurement process of which they achieved the highest overall score in categories around pricing and quality. During the process, they also stood out for the customer centric approach which is a particularly good fit for Konica Minolta and the type of deliveries they will be completing.
Implementation was over 3 months, where all aspects of communication, process, training, and documentation were completed on time, resulting in a seamless switch from one carrier to the next. There is an ongoing issue regarding the set-up of an EDI, throughout this time, Simarco have gone above and beyond by booking the jobs manually. Since implementation Simarco have delivered the customer centric approach and are exceeding their SLA’s.”
Kevin Dean – Transport Manager