Simarco Apprenticeship Programme Goes from Strength To Strength
The Simarco management are very much advocates of developing our future stars of the industry from within, and we are proud to see our current team of apprentices has recently grown to an impressive twelve members.
Being affiliated with various local schools and colleges enables us to recruit, develop and mentor rising stars, while providing career pathways and opportunities. Through our apprenticeship programme, we invest heavily in the development, learning and progression of individuals, covering many facets of our business.
Simarco have introduced over fifty apprentices in the past five years and they operate in roles throughout the company. This includes positions in Warehousing, Customer Service, Human Resources and IT to Team Leader roles and the new industry-standard apprenticeship – International Freight Forwarding Specialist L3.
Simarco are committed to upskilling all employees and are continuously looking to develop our team professionally at all levels and in all functions. In addition to our commitment to the National Apprenticeship programme:
- Our Customs Teams are offered professional qualification opportunities with the Customs Academy.
- We have an ongoing certification programme for our dedicated team of drivers
- We have an in-house programme of training for our van drivers taking them to Class 2 Drivers.
- Our leaders are provided with the tools they need to lead with confidence with external coaching and training programmes.
- We are excited to be rolling out a Learning Management Platform so there will always be an opportunity to learn, whether it be workplace skills or upskilling compliance.
For more information on our apprenticeship programme and testimonials from some of our apprentices please visit https://www.simarco.com/jobs-and-careers/our-apprentices/.